Friday, July 13, 2007

Home Decor Dilemma: Floor Lamp

Alas, it never ends. I am in need, I've decided, of a floor lamp for my living room. I actually searched for and then ordered one, some time ago, which never arrived (I hereby "boo" Eboniste). So, I resume my search. It seems that everything is pricier than I anticipated, but, for my home, I don't want to buy anything that I don't absolutely love. I have narrowed it down to a few models:

The Meurice lamp at Jonathan Adler is $375. I like it, but the shade is made of some type of hard material while I prefer fabric. Interestingly, Jayson Home & Garden also has the Meurice lamp with a white linen shade, $437:

Jonathan Adler also has the Meurice w/ table for $495. It seems nifty, but . . . I don't think so:

The Wilshire at Restoration Hardware ($599) was one of my first picks but I've since decided it's pricey and maybe a little stuffy:

Anthropologie's Sky Scraper ($298 with the shade sold separately) is pretty, but I've decided that I've already given too much of my money to this store.This bamboo nickel floor lamp from fusionhomestore.com w/ crocodile stamped turquoise faux leather oval shade ($399) is cute, but I can't do the blue shade.

The Lucille from Jayson Home and Garden is $1,485. Sigh. I think this one is beautiful, but find it hard to justify the expense.
I am now overwhelmed and think I will just wait.

No comments: