Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thumbs Down on Brooks Brothers' Black Fleece Collection

If Pewee Herman was the governess at an English boarding school for girls, his clothes might look something like Thom Browne's Black Fleece collection for Brooks Brothers. Although I was excited when I first heard that BB was going to carry a new line of fashion forward clothing, what I've seen so far just doesn't do it for me. I thought it was well established that women had no interest in looking like men, and can't imagine that's any less true if they're comically-dressed men. Moreover, the price tag on these items is ridiculous. Of the more pleasing pieces in the collection, a wool herringbone shift dress was $1500 and a Scottish cashmere cardigan was $800. Sorry, I just don't need to be that "well-dressed" for work.


No comments: