Monday, August 20, 2007

Home Decor Dilemma: Dining Tables

I'm off looking for lamps and art, and I have yet to buy a proper dining table and chairs. Part of the problem is that I can't find one that I REALLY love, and a dining table seems like a much bigger commitment than accessories which you expect you eventually will grow tired of and change anyway. Now, while I think Crate and Barrel is great, I generally avoid them because I assume that's where everyone shops. For this purpose, however, I've looked everywhere (which allows online browsing), and C&B seems to have the best options. My favorites:

Although I don't know the exact dimensions, I assume this Maison oak table which seems grand would still fit in my small dining alcove. It also comes with two extension leafs which can expand the table to seat eight (although I doubt I'll ever have that many people over at once). I just wish it came in a darker stain.I like the idea of the pedestal table in that you don't have to worry about bumping your legs against those of the table. The Nova model is kind of cool, I think, but then there's my aversion to all furnishings I cannot envision in my Grandma's home (even if she would have had a much thriftier version of any given model).

The Kipling table seems like a good compromise: comfortable leg room, solid mahogany, comes with an extension leaf. But I think I'm still in love with the Maison model above and its Frenchy cottagy look. Not surprisingly, it's pretty expensive, and I just can't commit. Hence, I still don't have a dining table . . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog....Recenlty Found at Montgomery Ward stylish dining tables.....!