Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hallelujah: I Am Saved! (I think)

I'm afraid to put a jinx on it, but I have to say my allergies have gotten significantly better, if not gone away completely. The only thing I can think is that the dustmite encasings I ordered for my mattress and pillows actually worked. I didn't notice the difference right away and I've continued vacuuming religiously, keeping the HEPA air filters going and the cats (I have two) out of the bedroom, but something has definitely changed and I have to think it was these covers. I've had them now for about a month and I haven't been waking up with the terrible itchy eyes and sneezing that have plagued me year-round for the last few years. I bought them online at the Allergy Buyers Club (it's not a real club) and the ones I got are the "Euphoria" brand, which are made of 100% organic cotton. They cost over $600, which I think is ridiculously expensive for undergarments for my bed, but I was desperate at the time and now I'm glad I bought them. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping.com/euphoria-dust-mite-covers.html

No comments: