Monday, August 20, 2007

Brickbreaker Madness

I am a dork, but I've come to terms with that. I have now spent countless hours trying to beat my highscore on Brickbreaker. In fact, I spent my last vacation on the couch glued to my Blackberry playing this silly game. Lest you've been comatose for the last five years, the object of Brickbreaker is to move a paddle left and right with your thumb to bounce a ball so it demolishes "bricks" atop the screen. Most bricks earn 10 points. Clear a screen of bricks, and move on to the next level. Drop the ball too many times, and the game is over. Next time you see someone glued to a RIM device, don't assume he or she is working, they're probably playing this game. Even The Wall Street Journal has carried an article on how many yuppies are addicted. What's most pathetic in my case, however, is how much I stink. Everytime, I ask someone what their high score is, they've invariably made it past the 10,000 mark. I'm not even close, and I've stopped asking.

No comments: