Thursday, March 6, 2008

Avery Bombe Chest from Crate and Barrel


Rarely do I see something at C&B that I feel I MUST have, but I am loving their Avery Bombe chest for $799. The dimensions (41 x 17 x 34) make me think that I can get two and use them as nightstands. I think they'd go well with my high bed and I need a little extra storage for clothes and the like. I also love that the drawers are lined with this silk screened black and white paper with a vine pattern. Don't know that I'll actually get it, but I think it's cute, cute, cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A bombe chest can be used as an attractive accent piece for your living room or foyer, or it can be placed in your bedroom to store clothes, fine linen or personal items. You should choose a bombe chest based on how you plan to use it. If it's to enhance the aesthetic appeal of a room, then more emphasis should be placed on its finish and styling than the amount of storage space it offers. The location of your bombe chest is important as it will affect whether you choose a more formal or informal look. If the chest is to be placed in the living room or foyer, an ornate bombe chest will draw attention with its unmatched elegance and charm. However, a bedroom chest can have a more casual look with more emphasis on functionality. Before buying a bombe chest, it's important that you review your existing indoor decor. If your setting is predominantly contemporary, an antique-styled bombe chest will definitely look out of place. Similarly, in a house with traditional interior decor, a casual bombe chest will be completely amiss. Choose your bombe chest to complement your home design. Also make sure that the finish of your bombe chest is compatible with your current color scheme.