Monday, August 20, 2007

Free Classic Movies On Demand!

I have previously written about how much I love the Turner Classic Movie Channel, which features classic films from the 1920s through 1980s. Well, I can't believe I didn't know this, but during dinner with friends this past weekend, I learned that I am able with Time Warner Cable to see Turner Classic Movies "on demand" for free! Sunday, I did not get my butt off the couch - I saw both Wuthering Heights (about 2 hours) and Lawrence of Arabia (4 hours!). I think I have a crush on the young Peter O'Toole - not because of his looks but because his acting is so compelling. While I love the oldies, I sometimes find the acting embarassing to watch because it used to be so hammy. With him, though, I am always rivetted and completely forget I'm watching someone act. A great weekend all in all - if only I'd made it to the gym for a tiny bit. . . .

No comments: