Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm a Little Teapot . . . .

I almost ruined a second teapot by heating it directly on the burner -- it's a cute little red one with white dots that I got from Cath Kidston (the one pictured is the "sprig" model as they've discontinued the red one). Anyway, I did some research and apparently the correct way to make tea is to bring water to a boil separately in a kettle (not in the teapot). The teapot should be heated separately with hot water from the tap which is then poured out before putting in the tea. Next, pour in water that's been brought to the boiling point into the teapot. When the tea has steeped for 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the type of tea) remove the tea with a strainer (unless you have used an infuser). It almost makes you wonder why you need the teapot in the first place. That said, if I ever collect anything, I think it will be teapots - I find them to be so quaint and charming. It is a pity that I prefer coffee.

No comments: