Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Rogaine Sucks!

The hair on the top of my head has always been pretty thin, but during the last couple of years or so, I find that I see more scalp when my hair is wet. My hairdresser has noticed it too. I'm 37 years old, which can be traumatic enough; add to that thinning hair. So, I went to see a dermatologist and, sure enough, she said Rogaine is the only product on the market which has been shown to improve hair loss in SOME people. She also said you have to be pretty committed once you start using it, and it takes between 4 to 8 months before you may start seeing results. OK, so I bought six months' worth and proceeded to use it in the morning and at night everyday as instructed. It's now been about 3 months, and I have yet to see any difference. No problem, I can be patient. What I was not prepared for, however, is the unbearable itching that this product causes. I am going crazy, and am scratching my head constantly! What's worse is that you have to keep using it even if you do see results, so there is no relief in sight. Frankly, right now, I think I'd rather be bald. I've decided to stick it out for the six months and use up the product I bought. If I see any hair growth, then I'll make an informed decision about whether the results are worth the agony. In the meantime, I must contend that Rogaine SUCKS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. I am using rogaine to make my hair loss LOOK noticeably better. Due to the constant "greasiness" of the rogaine, it makes my hair look even thinner throughout the day. I am on month 1, but the hassle of applying rogaine and getting small results if at all is not worth having greasy clumpy hair that makes me look even more bald!

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree !!! I have been using Rogain liquid AND form for past year and a half (as directed), and sadly I must say it just doesnt work. The manufacturer CLAIMS that is HELPS regrow hair in a "percentage" of clinically controlled test clients. I know dozens of people who have used it(as directed) and had no visible signs of regrowth. Makes me wonder just how much money the FDA got for approving this SHAM of a product. Outside of hair transplants, I have seen NOTHING ON THE MARKET that actually regrows hair, and God knows, I have tried them all!!!