Sunday, October 7, 2007

Exhausted

Work has left me physically and mentally exhausted this week. It's now Sunday afternoon and I've barely recuperated. Worst of all, I have work I need to finish. All my little side projects have fallen by the wayside, I've done no exercise for a week and my place is a sty. It is when I most need my home's support, that it is likely to fail me as it will tend to reflect my state of mind - presently, a mess. I would pay someone to clean it for me, if it could be arranged somehow with the push of a button and no expenditure of energy. At any rate, today, I managed to take 5 minutes and meditate (again, one of those things that's hardest to do when you need it most), and afterwards managed to scrub my bathtub and take a shower. A note on a not-so-recent discovery, but I've noticed that one curious byproduct of meditation is a propensity to get up and clean after I'm done. As prayer and meditation are close to the same thing for me, perhaps there is something to be said for the old adage - "Cleanliness is next to Godliness."

No comments: