Sunday, October 7, 2007

Home Comforts: Fabric Shower Liner

Making home homey is all about paying attention to the smallest details. Unfortunately, this involves spending precious time on weekends on the most mundane of errands - like running to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy a shower curtain liner. (Almost as sad as spending time blogging about it). Still, unless you're lucky enough to have glass doors on your tub, it's just one of those things you have to deal with. One of my pet peeves is vinyl or plastic shower curtain liners. I cannot stand the feel of wet plastic on my body when I've just showered (yuck!) or the smell that always seems to emanate from them. The fabric ones are so much nicer, I think. BB&B has these fabric liners ($12.99 for polyester or $14.99 for nylon) that are translucent and can be thrown in the wash when they get mildewy. I just replaced the one I've had for over a year because it didn't come out as clean this last time around. Still, it lasted long enough and I think they are so much more elegant than the stiff vinyl ones.

No comments: